- Over 10 years as a project manager, knowledge manager and process engineer in a large corporation.
- Over 10 years as a professional organizer, working with more than 300 clients; references available on request.
- Member, National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO).
- Member, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter of NAPO, where I have served in numerous roles, including newsletter editor. I also served on the board of directors for two years in the role of secretary.
- Subscriber (and prior contributing editor), Institute for Challenging Disorganization (previously the National Study Group on Chronic Disorganization).
Education and Training
- Institute for Challenging Disorganization training teleconferences (over 25 of these), with six Certificates of Study:
1. Chronic Disorganization.
2. Basic ADD Issues with the CD Client.
3. Basic Mental Health Conditions and Challenges Affecting the CD Client.
4. Basic Physical Conditions Affecting the CD Client.
5. Learning Styles and Modalities.
6. Understanding the Needs of the Elderly CD Client.
- Estate Organizing class taught by Jeanne K. Smith, the recognized authority in the field.
- Attendance at Regional and National NAPO Conferences and monthly NAPO chapter meetings.
- Continual reading on organizing and related topics (over 80 books).
Services Beyond Organizing
As explained on my other web site, I can help with:
- Proofreading and editing.
- Writing for magazine and blogs - on organizing and more.
- Internet research - finding information on the web.
Besides organizing, I have a number of other passions.
- Books: I read mostly contemporary fiction, a variety of non-fiction (topics ranging from history to education to travel), and children's literature (both picture books and chapter books).
- Independent Bookstores: Whenever possible, I like to support high-quality local stores over the big chains - and all the more so when it comes to bookstores. And I'm also a fan of our public libraries.
- Half Moon Bay and vicinity: I've lived here for 24 years now, and it suits me perfectly. You'll see me at the organic Coastside Market almost every Saturday morning.
- Cats: My life is partially ruled by my cats Sunshine and Moonshadow. Sadly, my cat named Puppy died in December 2011.
- Travel: I've been fortunate enough to travel fairly extensively in Western Europe and in Asia (Bali, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Nepal, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam). Much of that was on my own; the rest was with a very good friend who has a similar approach to travel. See my visited country map below, created at world66.com.