I offer organizing and decluttering services primarily in the San Francisco Bay Area, although travel to your location can be arranged, and phone consulting and coaching is always an option. I have clients in Atherton, Belmont, Berkeley, Burlingame, Cupertino, Daly City, El Granada, Foster City, Fremont, Half Moon Bay, Hayward, Hillsborough, Los Altos Hills, Menlo Park, Montara, the Monterey peninsula, Morgan Hill, Moss Beach, Mountain View, Oakland, Pacifica, Palo Alto, Redwood City, San Bruno, San Carlos, San Francisco, San Jose, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Saratoga, Sausalito, South San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Woodside - and both Paris and Switzerland.
My organizing services include:
- Home and Office Decluttering / Organizing
- Organizing Product Research
- Estate Organizing
To help my clients:
- I work evenings and weekends, as well as weekdays (except Thursdays).
- I support those who are trying to be more "green" - by helping them eliminate junk mail, by looking at the best ways to dispose of things they no longer want, and by choosing environmentally-sensitive organizing products.
Home and Office Decluttering / Organizing
Do you just need a fresh pair of professional eyes to give you some new ideas? Or could you use help with the hands-on work of sorting through the clutter and organizing the remaining good stuff? Either way, I'd be glad to help. And we can also set up systems to help you stay organized!
Areas I can help with include:
- Children's bedrooms and/or playroom
- Garage (and the car!)
- Home office / small office
- Laundry room
- Storage lockers
- Any horizontal surface
Some of the common challenges I'm used to handling are:
- Books, magazines, and catalogs
- Clothes in multiple sizes
- Files and filing systems - and yes, computer files, too
- Junk mail
- Paper - lots and lots of paper
- Scrapbooking supplies
You can also take advantage of my free "make it disappear" service, where I take the items you no longer need and find new homes for them.
Are you planning to move? Declutter ahead of time and save on moving costs - AND greatly increase the value of your home.
How long will this take? Shouldn't I be able to do it myself? See questions and answers.
Organizing Product Research
Looking for something very specific? I can probably find it for you, as I have for others. (See my blog for an idea of the types of products I'm familiar with.)
After handling my own mother's estate, I gained a deeper appreciation of how helpful it is to have all the records in order - and how overwhelming it can be to deal with the home and its contents after a death. Therefore, I am pleased to be able to offer these services:
- Preparatory Organizing: Gathering all critical information together so it can be easily found when needed; finding out what paperwork might be missing so it can be dealt with now, before there's a crisis.
Where there's a will, there's more to be done. How hard would it be for someone to step into your parents' home (or your home) and take care of things in an emergency? Can the will and/or trust papers be found? The key to the safe deposit box? The valuable items that are stashed away in a secret hiding place? The list of people to be notified? A medical history? The passwords for the computer, e-mail, and voicemail? Instructions for pet care? The list goes on and on.
- Home Organizing Assistance for Surviving Spouses, Children, or Other Estate Administrators: Getting paperwork and other contents sorted through so legal requirements can be met and possessions can be dealt with appropriately - especially if the family members need some support at this difficult time, the home is in substantial disarray, or heirs live out of state.